Current Gallery Exhibit
"People See; People Do" by Kay Masini
The Village Theater at Cherry Hill is pleased to exhibit "People See; People Do" now through August 30, 2018 featuring the work of Kay Masini.
There will be a free reception to celebrate Kay Masini's work at The Village Theater on Wednesday, August 1, 2018 from 7 - 9 p.m.
About Kay Masini
Masini uses a contemporary style, Representational Abstraction (combined realism and abstraction) for her recent series of acrylic paintings. Also included in the exhibition are some of her favorite works in other media and styles that have a similar subject.
She uses various media from oil, acrylics, to watercolor which emphasize different concepts since she says………
”The world is not just one picture”. She paints “not only what is but what could be”.
Masini is a lifelong painter, active on art boards and national and international organizations. Among her solo exhibitions was one in Antwerp, Belgium where she holds membership in the Internationale Vriendenkring. Her work is included in many private collections; she has also shown in solo and group shows in Minnesota, as well as Michigan, winning numerous awards. A signature member of the International Society of Experimental Artists (ISEA) she is also a current member of the Three Cities Art Club and the Plymouth Community Arts Center. Two of her paintings were selected for the first acrylic painting book by
Nancy Reyner for North Light books, labeled “THE BEST OF ACRYLIC PAINTING”
Masini holds a bachelor’s degree in art and philosophy from the Dominican
University in River Forest, Illinois and has studied at the Art Institute of Chicago, with a brief study at Oxford in England and with prominent artists in workshops in the United States. She is a believer in continued learning - not only of art techniques but also of comparative thought.
She has lectured on the philosophy of Art. Her most popular talk is one called “From the Brain to the Brush”.
Masini was a partner in a marketing communication firm in St. Joseph,
Michigan dealing with major U.S. corporate clients, plus financial, health and educational clients. She has also designed book covers and authored a Christmas book of art and poetry.
She lives in Plymouth, MI with her husband and spends her summers painting in her studio on
Beaver Island, MI where she was born.This current art exhibit at the Gallery@VT is free and open to the public: Monday – Friday 10 am – 2 pm, one hour prior to and during public performances at the theater, as well as by appointment. The Gallery@VT is closed on holidays. The gallery is located at 50400 Cherry Hill Rd., Canton, MI, 48187. For more information about this latest exhibit, please call 734/394-5300.
By The River - Kay Masini
Concert Choice - Kay Masini
Newcomers -Kay Masini
Teachers - Kay Masini
The Gallery @ VT: Art Exhibition Schedule
- August: "People See-People Do" by Kay Masini - Paintings
- September: Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild
- October: 26th Annual Fine Arts Exhibition
- November: "Food for the Soul" - Collaborative Exhibit
- December: Jeremy Rheault - Paintings
- January: Stephen Kolpacke - Woodturning and Jennifer Lanzilotti - Painted Leaves
- February: "Holes in the Wall" Mixed Media Collaborative Exhibition curated by Tim Tonachella
- March: Boisali Biswas - Fiber/Mixed Media
- April: Liz Frankland - Paintings
- May: Sarmad Al Musawi - Paintings
- June: "With Every Step" by Sylvia Ford - Photography
- July: Troy Hubbs - Abstract Paintings
- August: J. Susan Aitken - Paintings
- September: "Women - Compositions in Color" Graciela Bustos, Ilham Mahfouz, and Madalyn Rieksts - Abstract Exhibit
- October: 27th Annual Fine Arts Exhibition
- November: Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild
- December: Christine Walters - Watercolor