Athletic fields are available throughout Canton Parks for Community residents to use during the outdoor season. The turf fields are ideal for baseball, softball, soccer, cricket, football, lacrosse, kickball, ultimate frisbee and more.
FIND A FIELD NEAR YOU
The 'Park Amenities' tab includes a listing of what types of athletic fields and amenities are in each park. The Canton Sports Center is the hub for athletic fields which includes what is open and how to reserve. For more information on the availability of fields please call 734/483-5600.
CANTON ATHLETIC FIELD USAGE UPDATE
Area residents are reminded that Canton's open athletic fields that have not been previously reserved are available for use on a first come, first served basis for drop-in play for small groups. However, if fields have been prepped, a game has been scheduled on that field and drop-in play is not allowed.
If you have dropped into a field and another team shows up with a reservation confirmation, all drop-in players must leave the field. Larger groups wishing to utilize Canton's athletic fields must have a permit in order to play or practice on a field. If you would like to have your team's practice space guaranteed, fields can be reserved by contacting the Canton Sports Center at 734/483-5600. For additional field use information, please visit Canton Sports Center.
Resident drop in use is free when available as open time. Many leagues, practices and programs are reserved and prepped daily during the season. Please use the Field request form to reserve space on a specific day/time. Some fees may apply for reservations.
|Barchester Park||Multi-purpose field, In-line Skating Rink, Playground||No|
|Flodin Park||Multi-purpose field, Baseball/Softball, Basketball Court, Playground, Splash Pad||No|
|Freedom Park||Soccer, In-line Skating Rink, Pickleball, Tennis, Sand Volleyball, Disc Golf, Basketball, Pavilion, Playground||Yes|
|Griffin Park||Soccer, Baseball/Softball, Tennis, Playground||No|
|Heritage Park||Soccer, Baseball/Softball, Cricket, Lacrosse, Football, Sand Volleyball, Pavilions, Restrooms, Playgrounds, Splash Pad||Yes|
|Independence Park||Soccer, Restrooms||No|
|Victory Park/Sports Center||Baseball/Softball, Flag Football, Cricket, Restaurant/Bar, Restrooms, Playground||No|
Types of Field Use
- Canton Residents are invited to use open athletic fields on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Please avoid use of fields that are prepped and lined for sanctioned activities that are scheduled later that day.
- If a Field Permit has been issued, the field priority goes to the reserving group.
The following are required to complete the Field Request Form and schedule a Field Rental:
- Athletic teams scheduling practice, games or tournaments.
- Camps, personal training, fitness classes, or other activities that involve trade of money from participants to those coordinating the activity.
- Guests wanting a specific reservation time and field.
- Special events, races, etc.
- Non-resident groups.
- Complete the Field Request Form and submit to Sports Center staff in advance.
- A certificate of insurance will be required for all rentals.
- Where can my team find a field for practice?
- How many athletic fields does Canton maintain?
- How do I reserve a field?
- Where are Canton's fields located?
- How can I tell when fields are available?
- Do I need to be a Canton resident to reserve a field?
- How does your drop-in process work?
- Can I use the soccer nets and other seasonal equipment if it is on the field?
- When do the athletic fields open?
- What are the usage fees to reserve a field?
- Is alcohol allowed?
- How do I reserve a Pavilion?