Park Sites and Pavilion Rentals
Rentals: Pavilion, Gazebo, Community Events & Large Rentals, and Athletic Fields
Canton Leisure Services invites residents and guests to rent park pavilions and the gazebo. Several rental spaces are available in Heritage Park and Freedom Park.
Pavilions and the Amphitheater are available for rent at Heritage Park and Freedom Park. All guests must adhere to park and pavilion rules.
IMPORTANT 2019 Heritage Park Pavilion Rental Information: Please note that construction projects may be underway from mid-June to the end of August on parking lots, paths, and roads in and around Heritage Park.
- Online Reservations for residents for all pavilions will begin at 9:00 am, Monday, February 4, 2019.
- Phone-in reservations for residents can be made starting at 9:00 am, March 1, 2019 by calling 734/394-5310.
- Non-residents can begin making reservations starting at 9:00 am March 26, 2019.
- Full payment for the Pavilion is required at the time of reservation. Staff will not be able to hold a Pavilion without payment.
- Please keep in mind that weekend and prime dates fill up quickly, additionally, there are some dates that have been reserved for community-wide special events.
- All reservations are final; no refunds, cancellations or changes to pavilion bookings can be made.
- Canton Township Ordinances: a complete list of park rules is listed in Chapter 50 Leisure Services.
Additional Pavilion Rental Guidelines
- Reservations are available 10:00 a.m.-3:00 pm and 4:00 -9:00 pm Guests wishing to reserve the entire day must reserve both the morning and evening time-slot.
- Reservation times include guest's set-up/clean-up time and must be followed by all guests; please plan your party times accordingly. The 3 pm hour in-between reservation time-slots is reserved for staff to be able to properly clean the pavilion prior to the next reservation.
- When completing the reservation, guests must list the maximum number in attendance. If your attendance will possibly exceed the maximum capacity, you are required to reserve an additional pavilion and contact the Parks Office.
- As a courtesy to other guests in the area, reservation hosts are required to clean-up after themselves: all trash, confetti, water balloon pieces, and other items must be placed in the provided trash receptacles. In addition, sidewalk chalk and other decorations need to be cleaned up by the end of the reservation.
- Pavilion reservations that include the renter bringing any added amenity on to the park property, such as: tents, bounce houses, inflatables, animals, dunk tanks or other added amenities are required to provide additional Certificates of Insurance. All current insurance requirements can be obtained from the parks office at 734/394-5310 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Proof of all required insurance must be met no later than two weeks prior to the reservation or added amenities will not be permitted during the reservation.
Heritage Park Map (PDF) - pavilion locations
Rent a Pavilion Now
The Gazebo in Heritage Park is an excellent setting for weddings, photo shoots and other events. Please contact Katherine's Catering at the Summit on the Park to reserve the Gazebo; visit Katherine's website or 734/394-5487.
Community Events and Large Rentals
Businesses, non-profit groups, organizations and individuals can request to host an event in a Canton park or facility. All interested parties must submit a completed Community Event Application to the Canton Leisure Services Parks Division at least 21 days prior to the event date.
Community Event Application (PDF)
Park Rental Rates (PDF)
Athletic Field Request
Athletic fields are available throughout Canton Parks for Community residents to use during the outdoor season. The turf fields are ideal for baseball, softball, soccer, cricket, football, lacrosse, kickball, ultimate Frisbee and more. Visit Canton Sports Center website or call 734/483-5600 for complete details on how to complete the required Field Request Form on Canton Leisure Services athletic field usage.
|Weekdays 10 am - 3 pm||
|Weekdays 4 pm - 9 pm||
|Weekends Fri-Sun 10 am - 3 pm||
|Weekends Fri-Sun 4 pm - 9 pm||
Future Park Planning
Canton Leisure Services continues to seek ways to create optimal park and trail experiences for Canton residents. Through extensive planning, with residents, advisory committees, user groups and the Township Board, several plans have been recently updated. The Leisure Services 5-Year Master Plan was revised in 2016 and will be used to guide future development of Canton's parks and facilities.
Patriot Park Master Plan
Patriot Park, located at the northwest corner of Ford Road and Ridge Road, is passive parcel that underwent a Master Plan revision in 2014. Currently there is not a designated date for development. However, as funding opportunities and community benefit projects become available, portions will be developed.
- Patriot Park Master Plan
- Patriot Park Maps