Rules and Guidelines
- General Facility Rules
- Aquatic Center Rules
- Fitness Center Rules
- Gymnasium Rules
- Kids Corner Rules
- TRACK RULES
General Facility Rules and Guidelines
- A membership entitles members use of the aquatic center, locker rooms, steam room, sauna, fitness center, gymnasium, racquetball court and job/walk track. Child care services, recreation programs, and meeting rooms are available at an additional cost. Non-residents who purchase a membership are not entitled to resident privileges, such as resident-only registration, etc.
- For membership purposes, a family shall consist of 2 adults and up to five dependent children ages 4-18 residing in the household. Adults 19 years and older claimed as a dependent can be included on the Family Membership when current tax forms are provided documenting the adult is a dependent. Additional adults that reside in the household that are not claimed as dependents can be added to the Family Membership for an additional fee per adult. (Fees will not be prorated).
- Members are required to check-in at the Front Desk for each visit.
- Guests 11 and under must be under direct adult supervision at all times
- Members are required to update any pertinent information kept on file whenever requested. Photos will be updated regularly (children may need to be updated more often). Proof of residency is required for membership purchases or renewals.
- All children ages 4 and older are required to have a membership. Children under age 4 will be admitted at no charge when accompanied by a paying adult.
- The Summit on the Park Code of Conduct must be observed and is available upon request. Failure to observe Code of Conduct and Rules and Guidelines will result in a suspension with all fees forfeited.
- Appropriate attire must be worn at all times, including pants/shorts, shirt, and shoes. Clothing that sends a profane, inflammatory or bigoted message is not allowed. All clothing must exhibit good taste, contain no offensive words or pictures or references (as deemed by Leisure Services staff), and be clean.
- We strongly recommend that parents escort their children into the facility to ensure that the desired activity is available. For recreation areas and programs, please use the main entrance, or recreation facilities entrance.
- Food and drink are permitted in the lobby and vending/lounge area. Plastic water bottles (only) are permitted in the fitness center and gymnasium.
- The Summit on the Park is a smoke free facility. Smoking is also prohibited on all Leisure Services Department property, including facility grounds and Canton parks.
- Please bring a lock and keep personal items locked at all times. Locks are not allowed to remain on a locker overnight and will be removed on a nightly basis. Locks may be rented at the Front Desk on a first come first serve basis with photo ID taken as collateral.
- Most areas of the facility have individual rules that are posted. Please check these rules before entering the area. All rules must be followed.
- Found items will be kept for 48 hours at the Front Desk. After that time, they will be disposed of or donated to a charitable organization. Please check at the Front Desk for "valuable" items (jewelry, cell phones, glasses, etc.)
- Summit on the Park and Canton Leisure Services is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen items. Please do not bring valuables into the facility.
- Due to classes or other facility activities, not all areas of the community center may be available at all times. Changes in the facility schedule may occur without notice. Please check for availability.
- If Plymouth-Canton Schools close due to inclement weather, all recreation programs/classes held prior to 4 p.m. will be canceled. However, Summit on the Park may remain open even though classes/programs are canceled. For classes/programs that begin at 4 p.m. or later, a determination will be made no later than 2 p.m. that day. An effort will be made to schedule a make-up if the class/program is canceled. However, if that is not possible, a partial refund may be given.
- No refunds or transfers, for any reason, will be issued for facility memberships.
- Unauthorized use of recording devices is prohibited in any area of the facility.
- A person shall not possess, with intent to use unlawfully against another, a dagger, dirk, stiletto, a knife or other dangerous weapons.
Aquatic Center Rules and Guidelines
- Our lifeguards are trained to PREVENT accidents and perform basic first responder care. Direct and constant supervision of children is the responsibility of parents and adult guardians. The following children must be accompanied by an adult in the water at all times unless they pass a swim test: Children who are under 42 inches tall, Non-swimmers (children who dog paddle or need to touch the bottom to get across), and Children wearing life jackets.
- Children 11 and under must be accompanied by an adult inside the Aquatic Center.
- No running, diving, or rough play at any time.
- No breath holding games or breath holding training at any time.
- Showers are required for all swimmers before entering the water.
- Children must be at least 42 inches to use the water slide.
- Children between 42 to 48 inches tall must wear a life-jacket or pass the swim test to use the water slide.
- Student/Children age 17 an under are not permitted in the Sauna and Steam Room.
- Student/Children age 15 and under are not permitted in the Therapy Pool
- Street clothes are not permitted in the water.
- Street shoes are prohibited on deck.
- Absolutely no disposable diapers allowed, please use swim diapers.
- All flotation items brought into the Aquatic Center must be United States Coast Guard (USCG) approved. No "inflatables" please!
- Guests using the lap lanes must swim continuous laps and are subject to supervisor approval. Standing for prolonged periods or stationary exercising in the lap lanes is prohibited. Lap swimmer lane guidelines are as follows: Slow-Medium pace use outside lanes. Fast-Competitive pace use inside lanes.
- The Aquatic Center schedule is subject to change without prior notice due to staff absences or reasons beyond our control. We have a number of other rules and guidelines posted in the Aquatic Center. Summit employees have the authority to enforce any policy that will help ensure the safety or enjoyment of our staff and guests.
- All student/children under the age of 12 must pass a swim test to be in the water unaccompanied by an adult. If your child cannot pass the swim test, a parent or guardian must be in the water directly supervising their child from no more than 10 feet away. This includes all pools and the river. Swim test requirements include swimming 25 yards and treading water for one minute.
Fitness Center/Class Rules and Guidelines
- Fitness Center/Fitness Class: Students ages 12 to 17 are allowed in the fitness center or in a fitness class after completing a fitness orientation with Summit staff and complete an orientation form, which includes a signature of consent by a parent or legal guardian, obtained at the time of the orientation. All fitness orientations are done on a walk in basis. If a student/child is between the ages of 12 and 13, they must also be accompanied by an actively involved parent/guardian in the fitness center or in a fitness class. A parent or legal guardian must also keep the student under direct supervision, on the same piece of equipment or right next to them on the cardiovascular equipment.
- Individuals 17 and under that plan to use the fitness center or fitness classes must have a completed Fitness Orientation on file at the front desk
- Guests ages 12 and under may not be in Fitness Center or the Aerobic Studio during Group fitness classes, including not being left sitting unattended in the halls.
- Shirts/Sports tops, workout shorts/pants must be worn at all times.
- Non-marking athletic shoes covering entire foot are required.
- Guests must clean equipment after use.
- Personal Training by non-Canton Leisure Services staff is prohibited
- Guests should refer to the intensity guidelines listed for the class they are participating in. Please notify a Fitness Instructor if you would like modified moves provided.
- Only liquid or drinks in a closed sealed container are allowed in the fitness center.
- The Summit on the Park Code of Conduct must be observed and is available upon request. Failure to observe Code of Conduct and Rules and Guidelines will result in suspension with all fees forfeited.
- Guests must abide by the posted Gymnasium Schedule. The schedule provides designated time for full court basketball, half court basketball, volleyball, family time, pickleball, classes and reservations.
- Only water in a sealed bottle is permitted in the gymnasium. No food, sports drinks, soda and other items permitted inside the gymnasium.
- Appropriate apparel must be worn in accordance with the area of the facility being used. Shoes and shirts are required at all times.
- Family-friendly language and good sportsmanship are expected at all times.
- Dunking or hanging on the rims/nets is prohibited.
- Full court basketball games are only permitted when both sides (east & west) of the gym are open for basketball. All other times only half court games are permitted. Leisure Services staff have discretion for court usage.
- Non-marking, closed toed athletic shoes are required for all playing surfaces. Individuals with shoes creating marks will be asked to change their shoes.
Kids' Corner Things to Know
- Maximum of two hour visit.
- Kids must have shoes and/or socks on at all times.
- Please do not bring snacks that contain nuts, peanut oil, or peanut butter.
- A maximum of two infants per child care staff member will be admitted and cared for at any one time.
- Parents are required to supply some type of carrier for each infant.
- A maximum of 10 children per child care staff member will be admitted at one time. Staff to child ratio is 1:10
- Child care staff will not change soiled diapers, mix formula, or administer medication. Parents will be notified and required to perform these duties
- Parents/guardians may not leave the facility while their child is in Kids' Corner.
- Please label ALL personal items brought into Kids' Corner.
- Children that cannot hold their own bottle must be fed by the parent.
- As a health standard, courtesy to others and for the well being of your own child, sick children are not permitted into Kids Corner
Kids Corner FAQ's
How long can I leave my child in Kids' Corner?
Maximum of a two hour visit
Are reservations required?
Reservations are not required for Kids' Corner.
Will Kids' Corner staff change my child's diaper?
Our staff will not change diapers. However, when a child needs their diaper changed a staff member will bring the child to the parent/guardian in the facility to have them change the diaper. There is a restroom located in Kids' Corner for children that are toilet trained.
Will staff members provide my child their medication?
Our staff members are not trained to administer medication. They will be more than happy to escort a child to the parent/guardian in the facility to allow them the opportunity to administer the medication.
Am I allowed to run out in Heritage Park or leave the facility while my child is in Kids' Corner?
All parents/guardians are required to remain inside the Summit on the Park while their child is in Kids' Corner. Staff members will require parent/guardian to indicate their location on the sign in sheet.
Can my child bring a snack or drink in to Kids' Corner?
Yes, children are welcome to bring snacks and drinks in to Kids' Corner. Please label them with your child's name. Please do not bring snacks that contain nuts, peanut oil, or peanut butter.
How old does my child need to be to attend Kids' Corner?
All children between ages 3 months and 11 years old can attend Kids' Corner.
My child is sick, but they seem to be feeling better am I allowed to bring them to Kids Corner?
Children that show signs or symptoms of a cold, flu, chicken pox, pink eye, green mucous around the nose or eyes, or other contagious disease will not be allowed to check in to Kids' Corner. We strive to keep a clean, healthy environment for all children, parents and staff.
What type of games and activities are there for kids?
Toys and games that focus on both large and small motor skills are available for various age groups and some of these items include: books, Legos, dolls and Barbie's, coloring pages, crafts, interactive games, kitchen sets, trucks, puzzles and much more. We do provide a crib for infants.
- 16 Laps = 1 Mile
- Guests under the age of 11 must be under direct adult supervision at all times on the track
- Direction of travel is indicated on sign at entrance of track.
- Please be courteous by using inside lane for walking, middle lane for jogging, and outside lane for running.
- Strollers are allowed on track and must use appropriate walking or jogging lane
- Appropriate attire must be worn; shorts/pants and a shirt
- Shoes must be worn at all times
- Only water in a sealed bottle is permitted on the track. No food, sports drinks, soda and other items permitted on the track